The Four Town Challenge
• From the Rutherglen Wine Experience, ride due south along the relatively straight Springhurst Road. Cross Black Dog Creek and continue straight into Springhurst.
• In Springhurst, take the overpass over the Hume Highway and turn left onto Benson Road - a quiet road that borders the highway, and leads into Chiltern.
• Enjoy a rest stop in Chiltern before riding through the main street (Conness Street) and onto Chiltern-Barnawartha Road.
• Ride into Barnawartha (through the main roundabout) and continue on before turning left at Stanhope Street (which becomes Howlong Barnawartha Road).
• Follow Howlong Barnawartha Road along crossing the Murray Valley Highway, and on to Gooramadda Road. From here it is a scenic ride back to Rutherglen, with a number of Cellar Doors and other rest stops to enjoy along the way.
Find Your Ride
Cool down in the lake and picnic along the way, wherever your bike takes you there’s only one to remember; there are no rules except to find your own pace and see where you end up.