The Cellar Door Loop
• Starting at the Rutherglen Wine Experience, set out along the sealed rail trail. A gentle 9km takes you through vineyards and olive groves into Wahgunyah.
• On the outskirts of town, turn left onto Distillery Road - which leads you by Cofield Wines and the Pickled Sisters Café, and on to Pfeiffer Wines.
• Continue on to Federation Way, turning right and cycling on to the Murray Valley Highway.
• Turning left towards Rutherglen. Be cautious along this busy stretch of highway, though the wide shoulder allows ample room for safe cycling. Short detours will take you to Buller Wines or Lake Moodemere Vineyard.
• Other options on the ride back into town include Stanton & Killeen, Campbells and Rutherglen Estates cellar doors.
Find Your Ride
Cool down in the lake and picnic along the way, wherever your bike takes you there’s only one to remember; there are no rules except to find your own pace and see where you end up.